- First Customize with standard components
- Explore and Install AppExchange components
- Build Custom lightning Components to address your customization needs
Day 8 – Leverage AppExchange & Components
Start with the components that are already available
- Rich Text Field
- Conditionally show hide
- Related Record
- Report Charts
Next Review the AppExchange for apps that add functionality to fulfill the applications business requirements
- Define what functionality the AppExchange app need to accomplish
- Install into a developer org to review how the application interacts with core Salesforce components.
- Pay particular attention to how the app is going to interact with your app.
- Determine any changes needed to work within your app.
- Measure the amount of work/changes needed against the functionality gain to determine of the AppExchange app is worth installing.
Exploring building custom components if you cannot find a suitable app on the AppExchange