There are two ways to associate business hours and holidays.
Method 1 – Associate Business Hours Via Holidays
- Navigate to Setup | Administer | Company Profile | Holidays.
- Click on the holiday from the Holidays list
- It will open the Holidays detail page.
- Click on Add/Remove from the Business Hours list.
- In addition, add any Business Hours as per your needs.
Method 2 – Associate Holidays Via Business Hours
- Navigate to Setup | Administer | Company Profile | Business hours.
- Click on the Business Hours option from the available list:
- It will open Business Hours detail page.
- From the Holidays list, click on the Add/Remove button.
- It will redirect you to the next screen where you can associate the current business hours with multiple holidays:
Holidays let you specify the dates and times your customer support team is unavailable. After you create a holiday, you can associate it with business hours to suspend business hours and escalation rules during holiday dates and times. (Set Up Support Holidays)
There are a few guidelines to keep in mind as you set up and work with holidays. (Guidelines for Creating Support Holidays)
- Each set of business hours can associate up to 1000 holidays.
- Holidays automatically acquire the time zone of the business hours with which they are associated.
- You can only add business hours marked as Active to holidays.
- Holiday names don’t need to be unique.
- Currently, report results do not take holidays into account.
- If you schedule a holiday to recur on a specific day of every month, the holiday will only recur on months that have that specific day.
- Holidays that fall on a weekend
- All users can view holidays via the API.
Setting up the holiday settings
To set up the holiday settings for your organization, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Setup | Administer | Company Profile | Holidays
or From Setup, enter Holidays in the Quick Find box, then select Holidays.
- Click on the New button or click Clone next to the name of an elapsed holiday .
- Enter the following fields
- Holiday Name,
- Time fields.
- Recurring Holiday checkbox
- Start Date,
- End Date fields
- Click on Save